Promoting film as art and entertainment since 1958
Be a Volunteer
Are you passionate about film and interested in finding out how film festivals and screenings are organized? Join us as a volunteer!
Please contact the Volunteers Coordinator here:
- The enquiry should be directed to the General Enquiry
- Please put Volunteer as the subject matter
- Please provide your contact no. besides your name and email address and preferred time for us to call you
- You may also indicate which areas you wish to volunteer for
All volunteers will be contacted for an orientation brief. The brief will be conducted during our monthly volunteers' meeting which is held on a Saturday afternoon and will last for about an hour.
The aim of the brief is to inform you of how the society works and the duties of various volunteer positions.
Front of House
- Assist cinema manager in the running of our screenings
- Setting up the front desk for membership sign-ups and renewals
- We have fortnightly screenings at GV Marina on Wednesdays at 9pm and monthly screenings at the PictureHouse on Saturday afternoons. We also organize film festivals which last for about a week
- Commitment - At least once a month, to be rostered
- Assist marketing in coming up with press releases and other promotional material
- Updating media on our events
- Upkeep of our website and other online sites such as Facebook
- Content creation such as film synopses and reviews
- Management of membership databases
- Assist programming with organizing our screenings and film festivals
- Assist with film traffic, hosting of guests
- Organize other events such as talks and discussions for our members
- Sourcing for funding