NLB-SFS Film Review Contest (in association with the Japanese Film Festival 2008)
||In 300 to 500 words, send your critical review of any Japanese film found in the Film Village, library@esplanade and win! tickets and prizes. In line with the theme “The Woman in Japanese Film”, your review should emphasise the feminine perspective of your chosen film. For more details ...
||8 July 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 August 2008 (Sunday)
WIN! NLB – SFS JAPANESE FILM FESTIVAL CONTEST
In 300 to 500 words, send your critical review of any Japanese film found in the Film Village, library@esplanade. In line with the theme “The Woman in Japanese Film”, your review should emphasise the feminine perspective of your chosen film. The best entries win tickets to the Japanese Film Festival 2008 (22 - 31 August), brought you by The Embassy of Japan and the Singapore Film Society (SFS). Winning entries also stand to be published by NLB and the SFS.
E-mail entries with your Name, NRIC, Address and Contact Number to email@example.com
All entries should also include the Title and Call Number of the reviewed film.
Please indicate “NLB – SFS Japanese Film Festival Contest” in your subject header.
Deadline for all entries is Sunday, 3 August 2008, 2359 hours.
All prizes kindly sponsored by the Singapore Film Society.
General Rules and Terms & Conditions:
1. The above contest is open to everyone residing in Singapore, with the exception of NLB staff and past and present SFS Committee Members.
2. Participants are allowed to submit multiple entries.
3. Entries must be original submissions by participants. Incomplete, late and/or plagiarised submissions will be disqualified and prizes, if awarded, will be forfeited with immediate effect.
4. Only participants whose works are selected as winners will be notified of the outcome. Winners and prizes are awarded at the sole discretion of NLB and the SFS.
5. The SFS shall decide, at its sole discretion, the Japanese Film Festival 2008 screenings to which ticket winners are entitled to attend.
6. NLB and SFS reserve the right to make amendments to your submission(s) for publication on platform(s) chosen at their sole discretion.
7. NLB and SFS reserve the right to amend the above rules, terms and conditions at any time.
For more information on the library@esplanade, please visit http://blogs.nlb.gov.sg/epcl
Please check this page or http://sfs.org.sg/jff2008 for further updates on the Japanese Film Festival 2008 (22-31 August) in the coming weeks.
In the mean time, you might want to watch the festival details unfold by joining us on